The Broil King® ImperialTM chicken roaster is crafted of stainless steel with a heavy 9-IN x 9-IN base and oversized 10 mm handles. The twist on beer cup has a large enough capacity to hold an entire beer can and is vented at the top for better steaming action.
HEIGHT 9.45” LENGTH 11.22” DEPTH 3.15”
Beer Butt Chicken Recipe
The steaming beer keeps the meat moist while the high heat crisps the skin, delivering a perfect bird each time, every time.
- 1 whole chicken about 4 lb
- 1 large can beer
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp of your favorite dry spice rub
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Remove neck and giblets. Discard. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and dry rub. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- Open beer can and pour off half of the beer. Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can.
- Turn one side of the burner completely off and the other side to MEDIUM. Place the bird-on-a-can on the side that is turned off to use the indirect cooking method. Balance the bird on it’s two legs and the can like a tripod. Make sure it is well balanced before closing the lid.
- Cook the bird over MEDIUM indirect heat for aproximately 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature reads 170°F in the breast area and 180°F in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Carefully remove from grill using oven mitts. Let rest for 10 minutes before removing can. Be careful not to spill, contents will be hot. Carve chicken and serve immediately.