Osburn 5000 Pellet Stove
The Osburn 5000 pellet stove is the result of Osburn's evolution in the design of advanced combustion systems using solid fuel sources. With its bottom feed technology, this unit offers an impressive reliability and flexibility regardless of the type of pellets you burn. The touch-screen control panel provides infi nite possibilities while keeping the operation surprisingly simple.
The clean and vertical look of the Osburn 5000 brings a modern touch to your decor without any compromise on the heat output and efficiency.
5000 PELLET STOVE
|Fuel type :||Pellet (Premium grade or better)|
|Heating area :||750 - 2,400 Ft2|
|Maximum output :||47,300 BTU/h (13.9 kW)|
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Pellet (Premium grade or better)(2)|
|Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : ()||750 - 2,400|
|Hopper capacity :||70 lb (32 kg)|
|Maximum burn time :()||64 h|
|Maximum heat input rate : (3)||47,300 BTU/h (13.9 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (4)||10,300 BTU/h (3.0 kW) to 30,500 BTU/h (8.9 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency : (5)||56.2 % (HHV)(6)||60.8 % (LHV)(7)|
|Optimum efficiency :(8) (9)||75 %|
|Burn rate :||1.1 - 5.5 lb/h|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (10)||2.18 g/h|
|Average CO : (11)||122.8 g/h|
|Average electrical power consumption for ignition cycle : (12)||3.0A (360W)|
|Average electrical power consumption for continuous operation :(12)||1.8A (216W)|
(1) Values are as measured per CSA B415.1-10, except for the recommended heating area, hopper capacity, maximum burn time and maximum heat input rate. Results may vary depending on pellet quality, density, length, and diameter.
(2) Grades of pellet fuel are determined by organizations such as Pellet Fuels Institute (PFI), ENplus and CANplus.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft, heat loss factors, climate, fuel type, feed rate, fuel level, and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature considering that the space configuration and the presence of heat distribution systems have a significant impact in making heat circulation optimum.
(3) Based on the maximum burn-rate and a dry energy value of pellet at 8,600 BTU/lb.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Efficiency based on radiated and delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand.
(6) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(8) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(9) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(10) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(11) Carbon monoxyde.
(12) Unless stated otherwise, measures were taken directly at the main power source and include all electrical components present in the appliance.
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes|
|Flue outlet diameter||3"|
|Type of chimney||ULC/ORD-C441, CAN/ULC S609, UL 641 (TYPE L)|
|Baffle type||Stainless steel|
|Approved for an alcove installation||No|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Shipping Weight||430 lb (195 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||13 1/8" X 10 7/8"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||200|
|Noise level at 6 feet||53 dBa (+/- 3 dBa) - 55 dBa (+/- 3 dBa)|
|Overall dimension (Height)||36 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||23 5/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||31 1/2"|
|Voltage and frequency||120VAC - 60 Hz|
|Main control board fuses||7.5A-250V|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA Method 28|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, ASTM E1509|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – back wall||3"||3"|
|Clearance – placed in a corner||3"||3"|
|Clearance – side wall||4"||4"|
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||60"||60"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.