VOLTA PELLET STOVE
The Volta, Osburn’s newest pellet stove, is a quiet and contemporary model. Its innovative components use direct current (DC) and can now operate using the optional 24 volt battery system in the event of a power interruption. The unit can also be easily connected to solar panels or other secondary source of renewable energy.
The Volta is the complete package, an environmentally friendly heater that delivers power, efficiency, reliability and cleanliness.
VOLTA PELLET STOVE
|Fuel type :||Pellet (Premium grade or better)|
|Heating area :||500 - 2,000 Ft2|
|Maximum output :||45,600 BTU/h (13.4 kW)|
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Pellet (Premium grade or better)(2)|
|Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : ()||500 - 2,000|
|Hopper capacity :||60 lb (27 kg)|
|Maximum burn time :()||50 h|
|Maximum heat input rate : (3)||45,600 BTU/h (13.4 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (4)||7,200 BTU/h (2.1 kW) to 24,800 BTU/h (7.3 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency : (5)||62.8 % (HHV)(6)||67.7 % (LHV)(7)|
|Optimum efficiency :(8) (9)||75 %|
|Burn rate :||1.2 - 5.3 lb/h|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (10)||2.5 g/h|
|Average CO : (11)||111.8 g/h|
|Average electrical power consumption for ignition cycle : (12)||1.6A (192W)|
|Average electrical power consumption for continuous operation :(12)||0.3 - 0.6A (36 - 72W)|
(1) Values are as measured per CSA B415.1-10, except for the recommended heating area, hopper capacity, maximum burn time and maximum heat input rate. Results may vary depending on pellet quality, density, length, and diameter.
(2) Grades of pellet fuel are determined by organizations such as Pellet Fuels Institute (PFI), ENplus and CANplus.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft, heat loss factors, climate, fuel type, feed rate, fuel level, and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature considering that the space configuration and the presence of heat distribution systems have a significant impact in making heat circulation optimum.
(3) Based on the maximum burn-rate and a dry energy value of pellet at 8,600 BTU/lb.
(4) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(5) Efficiency based on radiated and delivered heat when allowing cycling from high to low burn to simulate thermostat demand.
(6) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(7) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(8) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(9) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(10) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(11) Carbon monoxyde.
(12) Unless stated otherwise, measures were taken directly at the main power source and include all electrical components present in the appliance.
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes|
|Automatic or manual adjustment of combustion air supply||N.A.|
|Flue outlet diameter||3"|
|Type of chimney||ULC/ORD-C441, CAN/ULC S609, UL 641 (TYPE L)|
|Baffle type||Stainless steel|
|Approved for an alcove installation||Yes|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||Yes, with fresh air intake|
|Shipping Weight||411 lb (186 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with steel frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||5 3/4" X 10"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||220|
|Noise level at 6 feet||45 dBa (+/- 3 dBa) - 52 dBa (+/- 3 dBa)|
|Overall dimension (Height)||41 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||21 3/4"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||28 1/8"|
|Adjustable threaded legs||Yes|
|Voltage and frequency||88 - 264 VAC (47 - 63 Hz)|
|AC Current||3.6A/115VAC - 1.8A/230VAC|
|Battery back-up||24V DC (20 Ah)|
|Main control board fuses||ATC 7.5A 32VDC|
|Battery back-up control board fuses||ATC 7.5A 32VDC|
|Power cord inlet socket fuse||3A / 250V (5 X 20)|
|Main board battery||CR2032|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, ASTM E1509|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S627|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – back wall||1"||1"|
|Clearance – placed in a corner||1"||1"|
|Clearance – side wall||4"||4"|
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||54"||54"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
|Combustion chamber (welds only) and cast iron door frame.||Lifetime||5 years|
|Ceramic glass**, plating (manufacturing defect**), and convector air-mate.||Lifetime||N/A|
|Surrounds, heat shields, ash drawer, steel legs, pedestal, trims (aluminum extrusions), C-Cast baffle**, vermiculite baffle**, secondary air tubes**, removable stainless steel combustion chamber, deflectors, and supports.||7 years||N/A|
|Handle assembly, glass retainers and air control mechanism.||5 years||3 years|
|Removable carbon steel combustion chamber components.||5 years||N/A|
|Standard and optional blower, heat sensors, switches, rheostat, wiring, and electronics.||2 years||1 year|
|Paint (peeling**), gaskets, insulation, ceramic fiber blankets, firebricks, and other options.||1 year||N/A|
|All parts replaced under the warranty.||90 days||N/A|