GRILLED PICKEREL WITH FRESH PICO DE GALLO
Light, fresh and just too good! Try this meal for a heathy and easy weeknight alternative.
- 2 pickerel fillets
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 lemons, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
PICO DE GALLO
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill on MEDIUM for 10 minutes. Brush grids with oil.
- Meanwhile, combine vegetable oil or melted butter, lemon juice and salt and pepper, and brush lightly over fish fillets. Place fillets on grids, close the lid and cook for 4–5 minutes per side, turning carefully with a large spatula. The rule of thumb is 10 minutes of grilling per inch thickness of fish fillet.
- Using a fish basket makes turning a lot easier. We always grill up lemon slices to serve along side the fish. Remove fish and serve immediately with Pico de Gallo.
- Pico de Gallo: Combine chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapeño peppers, garlic and cilantro in a glass bowl. Add lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper. Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook
ASIAN VEAL CHOPS
Shake up your weeknight routine with these tender chops. Their intense sweet and spicy flavour will have you making them again and again.
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 veal chops
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a glass dish or in a heavy-duty resealable bag. Add the veal chops and marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature, or up to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH, and brush cooking grids with oil to prevent sticking. Place veal chops on the grill, and reduce heat to MEDIUM. Close the cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time. Place the chops on a serving platter, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan, and place on the sideburner. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve alongside the chops.